Monday, August 20, 2012

Success!!

Tonight, I finally saw the Moon.  It was a bit cloudy, but I was still able to capture the essence of the Moon phase.  I waited for the clouds to move so that the Moon's full illumination could be seen, but that never happened.  This was the best that I could do.


This picture was taken in my neighborhood in Moody, Alabama at 8:15pm on Monday, August 20, 2012.  Because of the clouds it doesn't really show how much of the Moon is actually illuminated.  The Moon phase is still considered a waxing Moon.  When actually viewing the Moon it was bright white in color.  I think that the flash somehow gives it the reddish tint.  The clouds can be observed extending across the Moon's illumination.  While it does distort the view of the Moon a little bit, it is still a pretty picture.   

No comments:

Post a Comment