Monday, September 3, 2012

Finally Found It

After being unsuccessful at locating the Moon last night due to storms in the area, I wasn't holding out much hope for tonight.  We are still experiencing rain showers.  But, I finally found it.  Here is what I saw.


I took this picture on Monday, September 3, 2012 from the deck on the back of my house in Moody at 11:25pm.  You can see the clouds surrounding the Moon, and I was very fortunate to be able to see it as the clouds briefly dispersed.  This waning Moon view shows the Moon's illumination lessening from the Full Moon a few nights ago.  It is still beautiful despite the clouds.  After only one night of missing it, I am amazed at the difference from my last picture!  It certainly doesn't look like a Full Moon anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment